re:clutch dungeon

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: re:clutch dungeon
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:00:33 -0400
I had the same problem a few years ago.  The kit contains a flat
washer-like grease seal that fits into the cap, but not the cap itself.
 However when I replaced my slave cylinder a couple of years ago, the
new unit had a one piece rubber cap that fit in the groove that the
steel cap used to occupy.  I believe that I got my cylinder from British
Parts Northwest if you decide to buy a new one, but you could probably
find a rubber cap that would fit, from another vehicle or some other
type of equipment, I've never had aby trouble with the cap popping off
even though it doesn't crimp or anything.

Glenn Trunnell