Re: Crankshaft endfloat.

To: Mike Chambers <mikech@sprynet.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Crankshaft endfloat.
From: Bill Manning <gripdad@directvinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:39:02 -0700
Mike,
    Yes, put in new thrust washers. It is very easy to do without removing the
crankshaft. Make sure the washers are facing the right way. I would also change
the rod bearings because they are a known weakness and they are also very easy
to replace. Use assembly lube or good motor oil and don't mix up the rod end
caps. They must go on the same way that they came off on the same rod.
                                                                        Bill-
VARA E/P Spitfire #3