GT6 rocker clearances

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: GT6 rocker clearances
From: David Templeton <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:44:33 -0400
Evening all,

Well, it is that time of year again, spring is in the air and the LBC's are
starting to emerge like little bunnies. Of course it is time to adjust the
rocker clearances again, they are chattering a bit. I have two questions, I
can not find my engine book right now but I remember something like
10-15thou clearance should be set. Is this about right?  Secondly, how do I
check for pushrod "cupping" in the rocker? Do I have to take off the entire
rocker shaft to do this?

Thanks as always to the best lists to be part of.

David A. Templeton
'74 Spitfire
'59 TR3a