Re: Carb needle valves

To: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb needle valves
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 13:22:01 -0800 (PST)
Terry,
I hope the Grosse Jet's work out for you.

I had the opposite experience.

In the process of re-building the SU's on my 1147, I
ordered and installed a set of the Grosse Jets.

I had not been having any fuel control problems, I
just did it as part of normal R/R.

Well, those things never did work right for me. Fuel
would start leaking out of the overflow. I could
strike the float bowl assembly with a wrench or hammer
handle and they would stop for a while. I played with
the float level adjustment. I tried at spec, below
spec, above spec. No help.

Finally, I put the old stock ones back in, and it
worked perfectly.

So, as they say, YMMV.

Carter