Broken bleed nipples

To: "'Spitfire List'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken bleed nipples
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:32:22 -0000
I now have not just one, but two brake bleed nipples that have the top half
broken  off, as they sheared rather than unscrewed when I tried to loosen
them.

I remember mention before of some sort of device which has a reverse thread
on it, so you can screw it into a hole in a broken threaded device - the
thread grips, then you keep on turning to back the broken item out of its
hole.  What is this thing called (so I don't make a fool of myself when
asking for it!)?  Any ideas where (in the UK) I would find them for sale?

Also, since I'll have to replace the bleed nipples, does anyone know if
Speed Bleeders (one-way bleed nipples that you don't need to screw back in
every time you lift your foot up off the pedal while bleeding) are available
anywhere in the UK?

Moral of the tale - don't do your bleed nipples up too tight.  One day you
will have to undo them again, and they ain't too strong!

Richard & Daffy (with VERY spongy brakes)

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email