Re: Triumph letters

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph letters
From: Philip Willcocks <p_willcocks_list@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:30:59 +0000
I think the problem is intrinsic to the Mazak material and that additional
coatings will not help.
All the Masak castings on the car are either painted or chromed so the
surfaces are theoretically impervious, I guess it is simply a problem of
using the value-engineered components beyond their designed lifetime.
A long term solution would have to use high quality materials, anyone feel
like reproducing them in brass...?