Re: Triumph letters

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Triumph letters
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 21:36:54 -0500
AFAIK, they were always "Mazak", AKA plated cast zinc.

The door handles and trim bits at the back of the wings on my 1500 are
the same material.  The failure mode is ugly,  it breaks out in sharp
blisters.

Perhaps you could buy a new set and clear coat the chrome to extend
the life somewhat?

Cheers!
Tom O'Malley