Re: oil pressure light

To: "John Hobson" <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: oil pressure light
From: "Ree Gurley" <reegurley@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:31:54 -0500
John, You might want to visually check your oil pressure sending unit for
any signs of leakage or seepage.  My oil pressure light was also coming on
at low rpm (and mid-rpm when it was thoroughly warm) which caused me to
semi-panic.  Investigation revealed slight (VERY slight) seepage from the
sender unit.  I replaced the sender with a S/W sender & gauge, and was happy
to see that my oil pressure was right on book specs at both idle & at rpm
(Castrol 20-50 completely warmed up).
Cheers, Ree G. in MD - 78 FM73070U O driver, 77 FM62988U wip