RE: Talking of Spark plugs

To: "'T. .R. Dafforn'" <td214@cam.ac.uk>,
Subject: RE: Talking of Spark plugs
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 16:47:57 -0000
Tim,

I don't know from practical experience, but thinking logically I can't see
how the spark plugs could affect the air/fuel ratio in any way.

The only thing that occurs to me (and instinctively I wouldn't have thought
it would have that much of a noticeable effect) would be that the stronger
spark would encourage more complete combustion of the fuel.  However, that
would mean that you would need to put in less fuel to achieve the same
effect, so that would give the impression of the engine running richer, not
leaner.

Maybe you should just wait for someone with more practical tuning experience
to pipe up... :-)

Richard & Daffy

Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email