Re: Chassis Colour

To: "Scott A. Roberts" <herald1200@comcast.net>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Chassis Colour
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 10:02:42 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: Scott A. Roberts <herald1200@comcast.net>

> > I have seen many people claim the frame was body colour- I have seen no
> > evidence of this, and believe it to  be misinterpretation of the
> overspray,
> > or an exaggeration of the overspray.

Scott,
    In my former employment as a test engineer, I would never accept a single
result as definitive. Having myself owned in excess of 35 Heralds, 6 Spitfires,
1 GT6, not to mention various other Triumphs, several of which have been
dismantled entirely to their component parts, I can assure you that complete
chassis coverage in topcoat colour is the rule rather than any kind of
misinterpretation.
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--