Re: Going topless - or "Thats the spirit!"

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Going topless - or "Thats the spirit!"
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 08:02:09 +0000
In article <B4B2CBE518F8EB46A7286FFD05AF9ACD5A963E@kent2kexchange>,
"St.John, Kenneth" <ken.stjohn@hexcel.com> writes
>Darn - I really wanted to be a hippie with a flower child fellow
>traveller.

I think you'd better find yourself a '67, '68 or '69 (the only
differences between these being (a) the length of beard required of the
driver, and (b) the music - the radio in the '68 plays "Inna Gadda Da
Vida," whereas the one in the '69 plays Joe Cocker's version of "With a
Little Help from my Friends").

>I recently floated the idea to some members of our local Triumph club
>that we have an event where everyone dresses in the appropriate
>clothing for their car's era.  Could be fun!?

It could indeed, although those of us with late seventies' cars will
look even sillier than those with earlier models.   Does anyone have
John Travolta's 'phone number?   I can't think of anyone else who might
have saved clothes from 1977...

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"