Re: springs

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: springs
From: idhtfts@yahoo.com
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:57:04 -0500
At 01:25 PM 2/13/02, you wrote:
>Implying that you only heat the section you want to cut off and no
>other part
>of the spring, reminds me of the kid that said dad the water is only
>dirty at
>the foot of the bathtub <g>  "FT"

Actually  that is point I was making. Even though the spring shop would
apply heat against the one end (as apposed to licking the whole coil
with flame as one poster assumed) the entire spring now has new
characteristics.

Nobody was saying that the spring had heat directly applied to its
entire length but the spring *has* been heated. I don't even think they
were saying they would use a torch at in fact, but heat would be
applied at the one end. Lots of heat by the time its done.

-Maurice