RE: first drive

To: "'WRROOPE@aol.com'" <WRROOPE@aol.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: first drive
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:36:50 -0000
Congratulations - nothing like driving a car to make all the work seem
worthwhile after all!!

There are a variety of reasons for a car to overheat (or appear to).  I have
written a summary of some of the more major reasons (based more on
eavesdropping other peoples problems than fixing my own!) - check out
http://www.totallytriumph.net/dcforum/DCForumID45/28.shtml

Before you start, make sure that you really are overheating rather than just
having a dodgy reading - run the engine until it is hot, shut it off, wait a
minute or so, CAREFULLY remove the radiator cap and check the actual water
temperature with a cooking thermometer - should be around 180-200 deg F.
Spitfires often run with their needles anywhere between 1/2 and 3/4 at a
perfectly normal operating condition.

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email