Re: Spitfire emblems

To: "Fred Griffiths" <griffco@cadvision.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Spitfire emblems
From: "Keith R. Stewart" <kstewart@wwdc.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 20:41:39 -0500
Fred Griffiths wrote

> Did you guys see these emblems on ebay? And the price?
>
> I remember reading about them awhile ago (and howmany were lost in ditches
> along the way), but forget, what model are they off?

...and I was one of those that lost my new TRF replacement for the Bull's
Eye badge in NY state on the way back from TRF's Summer Party. But the
Bull's Eye is definitely not from a 1971 as the owner claims. The only model
that used that particular badge was the 1970 Mark 3 and only in North
America. My original is about as faded as the one on eBay.

    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road
   |   \_/   |        London, Ontario
   | 62 | TR4|        N5X 2K2
   | 67 |TR4A|        Canada
   | 70 |Spit|        Home:    (519)660-1916
 __|    |Mk3 |__      E-Mail:  kstewart@wwdc.com
 \T \___|___/ H/      (and a 68 Triumph Trophy 250)
  \ R I U M P /