Re: Classic Car Insurance, UK

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Classic Car Insurance, UK
From: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 17:00:27 +0000
In article <20020202145805.64351.qmail@web9602.mail.yahoo.com>, John
Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>That's quite worrying that insurance can go up that much in one year.  I
>would guess that this is part due to the September 11th attacks.  I would
>be interested to hear where you finally decide to take insurance and how
>much it costs.  I have my copy of practical classics here, so here's the
>names and numbers of all the insurers in the latest issue:

<snip>

>That's all the adverts I could spot in there anyway, hope that one of
>these has a significantly cheaper quote than Lancaster!

So do I.   Thank you very much indeed for going to the trouble of typing
that little lot out for me.   I think I am probably a fairly typical UK
Spitfire owner (34 yrs old, maximum NCB, car good but not concours, live
in a small town, yade, yada, yada), so as a service to the list (and for
my own information), I shall telephone *all* of them on Monday, and
report back.

ATB

--
Mike
Michael Hargreave Mawson, author of "Eyewitness in the Crimea"