where is the overdrive badge positioned on a 1968 MK III boot?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: where is the overdrive badge positioned on a 1968 MK III boot?
From: "Sue Pace" <S.Pace@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:27:01 +1000
Hello

finally, after two years, nine months, two weeks and two days (this
includes 5 panel beaters and a fire bombing!), my Spitfire is back on the
road.  Hooray!

My partner and I (okay, mainly my partner) have rebuilt my Spitfire (body
off, bare metal restoration), and part of the rebuild included adding an
overdrive gearbox.

My question is - where (exactly) does the overdrive badge go on the boot?
If any one has any information about the location of the badge, I'd truly
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Sue

Sue Pace