Re: How important are the brass manifold nuts?

To: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: How important are the brass manifold nuts?
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:53:10 -0500
I cannot speak as to originality of using brass or copper nuts.  But, from a
working stand point, they are grrrrrrrreat, with a G!  They don't rust
themselves
in place, making it possible to unbolt components instead of cutting them off
with a wiz wheel.  If the stud really rusts up, the bolts are softer, so they
give instead of the stud.  Brass is also easy to chisel or drill if needed.  I
like them a lot for exhaust work.