carb update 2

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb update 2
From: "jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 06:00:21 -0500
I sent an email and it failed to reach the group.

Any way here goes again....

I got the throttle discs - I managed to fit them both with ease - but one thing
sticks out. The old discs had 1.5mm-ish holes in them - centrally located in
the top half of the disc. But the new ones dont have a hole. As you may
remember - the problem I had was the gap between the disc and the venturi. The
gap is now pretty much non existant - but still exists very slightly - but
surely the hole would have had an effect! thats if its not meant to be there...

Im yet to fit the actual carbs - I need advice about the hole/non-hole
situation.

Im almost ready to give up on my new carbs..... but for some strange reason the
choke on the old carbs isnt working since I refit them - I possibly changed a
setting by mistake on one of them - the engine runs smoothly once warmed up and
the choke is disengaged - but when I use the choke for starting, the engine
runs very rough - almost like its running one sided if you know what I mean -
big bang little bang.... Ive checked that that both chokes are being engaged....

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit