Re: Petrol smell continued

To: Rachel Dixon <rachel.dixon@tate.org.uk>,
Subject: Re: Petrol smell continued
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 11:39:32 -0400
A couple of weeks ago I was helping out at a car show (Moss Fallfest),
and while I was helping process people's entry paperwork, I got to
see, hear, and smell maybe 50 to 75 LBCs as they drove past me.

I was really surprised now many of these idled poorly and smelled
awful.  And I doubt that many of them had the excuse of having a
full-race cam or carb setup.  I think they just needed a tune-up
or carb or engine work.

My car is virtually odorless, except right after starting it up
in the morning and backing out of my driveway with the choke
on (right into my own exhaust).  Then I can smell a bit of unburned
fuel.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit