Re: Some thoughts on engine swap, Lotus maybe??

To: John and Chris <peacox1@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on engine swap, Lotus maybe??
From: "T. .R. Dafforn" <td214@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2001 09:21:37 +0100
The lotus engine is a twin overhead cam, and its power output was legendary in
the 60's...
Parts are still available, but bare in mind they are a little more tricky to
rebuild than your average spitfire push-rod lump.

My only worry on a  putting it in a spit (something I have thought about myself,
but the engines are bloody expensive second hand) is the height. You may need to
bulge the bonnet...
Cheers
Tim

--