Distributor---funny thing...

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Distributor---funny thing...
From: "John and Chris" <peacox1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 22:34:01 -0400
Well I went to the local Discount Auto Parts to buy some tune up parts today.
Picked up plugs, wires, cap and rotor.  The cap was not in stock so I had to
drive to the next Discount to pick it up.  When I get there it is not the same
as my old one.  So the guy checks the book(yes a real paper book) for a
picture of the unit.  He thought it might be packaged wrong.  Sure enough the
part matched the number and was still not the right one.  So just under the
picture was a picture of one identicle to mine.  We took the part number and
looked at the application charts again.  NO it is not for a Spitfire at all.
No matter what year.  So at a loss for why mine is so differant than any other
Spitfire cap I had an idea.  I had him look up MG Midget parts for the dizzy.

Turns out mine is from a early 70s Midget.

So now I have the parts to do a major tune up.  I am hoping for a miracle here
to find the gremlin that has plagued this car.  I am no longer totally
convinced that it is a carb problem.

Will keep you all posted.

John