Stalling problems continued

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stalling problems continued
From: "Ken St.John" <stjohnkj@twangdemonium.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:44:25 -0700
Please, I have nowhere else to turn (that doesn't charge.)

My stalling problems have continued.  Driving along fine and suddenly
NOTHING!  If I take my foot off of the gas, the car usually recovers and
on I go though once it died completely and started again after 10
minutes.  The problem appears to be becoming more frequent.  This is a
'74 Spit with Weber Downdraft carb.  So far I have:

Changed or cleaned all of the fuel filters and installed an electronic
fuel pump near the tank, bypassing the mechanical pump.  I have also
replaced all of the soft fuel line.

I have replaced points, plugs, condensor, cap, and rotor.

I am suspecting: Carb float problem, vacuum leak, or perhaps a defective
coil.

I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks, Ken St.John
'74 Spit 1500 Ginger