SU carb set up for GT6+

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: SU carb set up for GT6+
From: mark holbrook <rolling_rock_12@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:38:17 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all, my strombergs are so messed up and rich.  THey
are beyond the rebuild kits.  I think one of the
mixture needles is stripped and things are worn like
no other.  I know  guy in PA who rebuilds them like
new which is what I will most likely do.  My question
is should I do that or convert to the SU carbs.  Which
are better for performance as I will be shoting for
about 140bhp soon and would like some carbs that will
give it enough gas.  THe more the details the better.
I know Kastner used the stock strombergs when he did
the 145bhp and the 165bhp engines.  WHy didn't he try
the SU's.  Plus, why not triple su's or triple
strombergs like my brother put on his TR6?
Mark

=====
-Mark Holbrook-