Re: Electric fan opinions wanted

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Subject: Re: Electric fan opinions wanted
From: Dave Chu <dave@ece.concordia.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 10:37:25 -0400
In message <001301c0e515$894be420$3d64a8c0@gouldfo.com>you write:
>...can't see why it would.   I use the exact same fan
>but I use the ties. They work fine as long as you use the
>foam and springs on them. Many many miles later
>and no trace of any positional shift of fin distortion
>other than the original from stuffing the ties through.
>
>QUESTION:  Are you using gas struts for the bonnet?

   Yes, they were from a old Honda Civic that was going to the junk yard.
   They are not enought to hold the bonnet up but make it easier to open
   and close it.  It was not hard to put them in, I just had to make up
   plates for them to sit on and a support bracket that mounts on the
   one of the strut to keep the bonnet up.

   The only problem I had with them is when I broght the Spit. in to a
   body shop.  The guy opened the bonnect but didn't see that he needed
   to release the support bracket to close the bonnet.  He ended up bending
   the plate and the area where to strut were mounted on the fender :(.

Dave                                                  |\ |     | |