Re: Anyone have a bonnet?

To: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone have a bonnet?
From: "Mike Chambers" <mikech@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 17:56:58 -0600
Oh, his insurance is going to pay for it, I'm just checking options now. If
fix it myself or farm it out, the cost is going to be on his dime.  The hood
is well past the point of repair with just panels and I was not aware a
entire replacement hood was available for the Mk1. If one is, this will be
the route I will shoot for.  I plan on getting  estimates from a several
good shops,  then I will decide if I'll let them do the repair or fix it
myself and have their insurance pay me. I've already spoke to their agent
and they said either is a possibility.  I have to talk to the adjustor to be
sure.  I'd prefer to fix it myself and collect the money.
Anyone know of a good LBC shop in the SLC, Ut area?
MikeC

> Mike,
>
> Forgive me for asking, but if this guy has insurance, why are you shopping
> for a used bonnet when you can get the new replacement panels you need on
> his dime?  They're available from VB or Spitbits.  Rimmers can ship the
> entire steel bonnet assembly!  I'd go to a competent body shop that has
> experience with LBCs and have them draw up a quote based on what you need
> and have the insurance company pay for the damage like they're supposed
to.

///