Re: Rubber vs. Poly

To: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>, BrYarboro@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Rubber vs. Poly
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 20:02:22 -0400
This is definitely true in my experience!  8 years ago
my original bushings looked sort of ratty, so I replaced them,
then last year, after maybe 8k miles, I noticed that the
"new" ones were completely shot, much worse than the original
ones ever were.

Polyurethane may be worthwhile just for durability.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

At 07:07 PM 5/22/01 , Atwell Haines wrote:

>I don't know if this was mentioned, but there is a consensus that the
>rubber bushes available as replacement parts are inferior to the
>originals.  They often go bad in a few thousand miles.

///