Me: Re: Chronic Vapor Lock: Longish

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Me: Re: Chronic Vapor Lock: Longish
From: Jjcousins@ra.rockwell.com
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 08:37:36 -0400
Hi List,

Thanks for all the ideas and sugestions.  One thing I hadn't tried that a
couple people mentioned was to open the gas filler cap when in this
condition.  Never tried that.  I hope never to be in the situation again to
do it.  (The line from the f. pump to the carb goes up and over the engine
and over to the carb).

I think I will get the fuel pump (also to prepare for that rotary someday)
and also install a heat shield, made out of something...a cookie sheet
possibly.
? Would it need any insulation on it?

Can anyone recommend a good, inexpensive fuel pump and regulator for our
cars?

I have this from over a year ago:

    The fuel filter is a FRAM G12. I like clear because you can see the
fuel move. Good for trouble shooting.

    Where the Fuel line goes to the engine, I have another filter. Clear
Glass. Its a purolator, don't know the part #. But it is designed to take a
pressure.

    The Fuel Pump is a Carter P61145s. Got that number off the pump
itself. The  other number was 99m12a , I think that is a date stamp.

    The regulater is a Purolator Pro Fuel. Don't know the number, but it
is adjustable from 1/2 PSI to 5 PSI.

Between the fuel pump is a 90 brass elbow and a brass pipe nipple. Think
they are 1/4' threads.

Any other suggestions for part numbers?

Thanks,

John