Re: exhaust manifolds and list archives

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 10:10:03 -0500
I _have_ done this.  As Nolan notes, the exhaust manifold fits the
head perfectly (I'm assuming the 75 manifold is non-California).
You will have to replace the pipe from the manifold
back to the muffler with a 75 one.  The cat converter will not fit.
The EGR valve is in a different location and you have to retrofit the
plumbing to 1975 pieces or plug the hole.  I believe that there is no
input for the air pump, so you're going to have to lose that too.  I had
no interference with the carb,but my water choke is long gone, replaced
with a manual choke.

Obviously you're making some pretty major changes to the emissions
system, up to you how you feel about that.  Definitely save all your
emissions stuff as more and more states are mandating that it all
be in place and operable, something you may face in the future.

HTH

Greg Rowe