RE: Re: HID lights, are these for real?

To: "karbuff@optonline.net" <karbuff@optonline.net>,
Subject: RE: Re: HID lights, are these for real?
From: "alemen@pop.ftconnect.com" <alemen@mail.ftconnect.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:07:13 -0500
Chris, Atwell, Also blue coated lights are illegal in some places. I don't
think they are real HID either, as like you said their is no transformer. Also
consider if your wiring harness will take the current. If you do put in this,
best bet is to use separate power lines from the battery using a relay switched
with the old wiring. Save meltdown on a wet dark night in the middle of
no-where!

It sounds a bit like what some of the vendors sell to convert from the old
sealed beam units to the European/modern style with separate lamps and
reflectors but with a higher output lamp.

Alan