Re: Possible Posi-trac?

To: "Mike Nelson" <mnelson@tconl.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Possible Posi-trac?
From: "Larry Vaughan" <lvaughan@pldi.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:01:54 -0600
Mike,
You asked, if both rear tires leave equal black marks, do I have a limited
slip rearend?
I changed a '66 Mustang from a 6 cylinder to V8 and bought a rearend, with 5
lug bolts, at a salvage yard. The rear came off a pile and cost $15.
It would spin both rear tires (fat ones) on dry pavement and I always
thought I had made a very lucky find at the salvage yard.
I have noticed lately that my pickup will spin both rear wheels equally, if
I am in low traction conditions, like sand or mud that is smooth(both tires
have equal but low traction). It is NOT limited slip.
In answer to your question, I don't know for sure, but I doubt you have a
limited slip rear.
Larry