Center dash panel replacement?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Center dash panel replacement?
From: "M. E. Foster" <foster_m@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:12:14 -0600
I have just found that the center dash panel in my car was damaged
by the previous owner. His headlight switch apparently broke and he
replaced it with some oddball looking thing that he probably found on
the rack at Auto Zone. When I bought the car I saw this - it looked
to me like he had just squirted a liberal amount of silicone around the
switch to hold it in. But in fact he hacked on it quite a bit with what
looks like both a hacksaw and a drill. The hole he left is so wide and
lopsided that the bezel on the replacement switch I got won't hide it.
One of the reasons I bought this car was its dash, which looked so
well preserved compared to most of the original Triumph dashboards
I have seen. So can anyone tell me if this sort of thing can be fixed.
Or if not, is there a source of original dash parts? Or replacements
that look original? What kind of veneer is that anyway, teak?

Thanks.