Re: Something nice about the Spit!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Something nice about the Spit!
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:40:46 -0800 (PST)
Another bit of spitfire trivia is that the Spitfire
1500 has 2 cu.ft. more trunk space (7 cu.ft.total)
than a miata, honda s2000 or bmw z3 (all of which are
rated at approx. 5 cu.ft)...My friend elates in
telling how he had to use his trunk to transport a
pizza home in his Z3. It wouldn't fit in the front
seat or footwell.
The Z3 also has no space behind the seats (unless the
ability to slide a thin note pad behind a seat is
considered 'space'). I'm not sure if triumph was
calculating having the spare removed (you can always
mount it on the luggage rack) and using the insides of
the wheel wells as storage too.

The spitfire also has one of the smallest turning
radius of any four wheeled production street vehicle
made, under 25 ft.
The MGB's is 32 ft, Miata's is 30.2 ft. The Z3's is 32
ft. and the MR2's is 34 ft turning circle. I think the
midget might have a smaller turn, but I'm too tired to
scrounge for the information (yawn).

Your car can run low 12's in quarter mile? Well, mine
can do a u-turn in less than 25 feet.

-Terry
'76 spit 1500 - For pics see..
http://www.geocities.com/firespiter/myspit.html

--- Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou

http://auctions.yahoo.com/