Maryland Car Laws

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Maryland Car Laws
From: "David A. Schenck" <DavidASchenck@home.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 20:32:08 -0500
List,

I have a question that pertains to MD laws but may be similar in other states.
I found a car at a junkyard that I would like to purchase complete not as
parts.  I was told by the person at the junkyard that once the car becomes
recorded as salvage by the state the car can only be parted out.  I asked if I
could buy "all of the parts" and he said he could sell me most of the parts
individually but not all of them.  Is this correct?  Would having a fist full
of cash change the interpretation of the law? Could myself and another person
each buy 1/2 of the car's parts?  Any insight on this would be great.

Thanks!

Dave