Re: Ebay policy question

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ebay policy question
From: "John & Tracy Knox" <jknox@erie.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 20:50:56 -0500
Depends on the situation.  If it is a commodity item such as memory that I
know what the value is I bid a set amount and then let it sit.  I feel
satisfied that the person that out bid me paid as much or more than the
market value.  If it is something that is more collectable I will bid up at
the last minute.  I almost owned a bugeye sprite this summer when I got in a
bidding frenzy.  I was several thousand over the amount of money I had to
spend before I was thankfully outbid.  I try to keep an objective dollar
amount in my head now.  However, I think it is good to bring the price up a
day before bidding closes to discourage as many people as possible from
getting in on the frenzy.  If the price is really low going into the last
hour, the price really skyrockets.

John