Spit 1500 Hardtop pricing

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit 1500 Hardtop pricing
From: "Mike Chmura" <m.chmura@umassp.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:49:39 -0500
Hello listers,

Some of you asked me to report on the outcome of my hardtop pricing.  So
here it is.  I believe the person posting this item to eBay realized his
price was too high and although he didn't come right out an say it, I
believe he would have taken in the
+/- $200 range.   After pricing out the items, using Spitbits.com, I
would need to bring this top up to useable condition and a repaint to
Brooklands green.  I decided this was more than I was willing to spend
on a hardtop.

The good news is another person has responded with an offer to sell me
his hardtop. And this deal looks good so far.

Thx very much to all who offered expert advice and thoughts.  All this
info was very helpful to me with trying to make a knowledgeable
decision.

Thx to all,

michael chmura

 Michael Chmura
 Technical Services Manager
 University Information Systems
 University of Massachusetts, President's Office
 133 Whitmore Building
 Amherst, Massachusetts 01003
 Phone: 413-545-4673
 Fax:     413-545-3205