Re: seatbelt lengths for Spit Mk3

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seatbelt lengths for Spit Mk3
From: "Greg Rowe" <growe58@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 12:24:01 -0500
With the inertia belts, the slack is taken up by the reel
mounted on the rear wheelweel.  With a fixed belt, you will
need to take up the slack at the buckle.  Ideally, the buckle
should sit off your right (or left) hip, but since spit seats
are so close to the floor (plus the attachment point is up
on the driveshaft tunnel) space is really tight.  Especially
if you have multiple drivers, but even the change over from summer
T-shirts to winter coats can make a difference where the buckle
ends up.  You either find yourself running out of space to sufficiently
tighten it or the buckle ends up somewhere in the middle of your
stomach.

It can be made to work (I have one), but it is definitely less
convenient than the inertia reels.

Greg Rowe