Re: Air intake

To: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>, "'Spit list'"
Subject: Re: Air intake
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 05:28:52 -0800 (PST)
Cold Air Intakes are a popular mod with the Import
Tuner crowd (Honda/Mazda/Toyota/DSM/Nissan/etc.).

A common problem with CAI's is hydrolocking the motor
when lot's of water is unexpectedly ingested (like
driving in heavy rain and encountering a deep puddle).
Since water is basically incompressible, the motor
will get fragged if this happens.

Several ways to avoid this, a secondary air passage
mounted high that Tee's into the main tube is common.

YMMV

Carter Shore