Re: building interior w/o a kit

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: building interior w/o a kit
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:37:11 -0500
>2. What type of board is best used for the curved inside panels above the
>rear wheels, waterboard, 1/8 pressboard, or.... Also, after you cut out the

>proper curves do you steam the board to get it to make the bend transition

>from the rear cockpit panel up to the rear of the doors?

Rob,

In the past I've used masonite.  However, you could use a piece
of AL.  (I'm thinking of us  the AL on the interior panels for my
Bricklin and my Spit).  The AL will bend easily and won't deteriate.
Shouldn't be that expensive either.  Look around you area for a
metal shop and see what they have in the way of scraps.

John