Re: MK IV.1500 dash

To: "Terry Thompson" <firespiter@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MK IV.1500 dash
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:09:29 -0500
I just cut a hole for an extra gauge last night in a Spit dash
(spare old one to practice on)  I used a two inch dia. hole
saw in a drill, to cut the hole working from the back.
I then inserted the gauge, and marked the parameter
of the gauge trim ring for the diameter of the recess.
I used a Dremel tool with a router head/base attachment
and a tiny 1/4" straight flute router bit in the Dremel.
Once I neared the pre marked line, I switched over to a
sanding drum in the Dremel to complete the job.

...not too bad a job if I must say so myself for 20 minutes work.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com