Re: Fiats

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fiats
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:08:14 -0700
> L.G. & list, just referring to my area and my experience with Fiats, when
> they started mass selling of these cars in the late 50" through all of the
> larger U.S. dealers, the dealers had no trained help, no parts, absolutely
> no service available after the sale, they were only interested in ringing
> the cash register and going on. The product very well could have been good,
> the backup was extremely bad and this caused a word of mouth and
> publications to start crying out loud and clear, the results are still
> evident today.

Aren't people bright enough to diferentiate between quality of the product and
quality of the back up/customer service?

My mum bought a Ford Grenada Ghia new in 1977-but that Ford dealership gave
horrible customer service and back-up. (We won't even go there!) Being a woman,
I have noticed that customer service/backup 9 times out of 10 is none too good!

None of the Fiats I've owned were bought new from the dealer, so I've never
even had to deal with a dealer in Italy. Come to think of it, of all the cars
I've owned, only one was dealer bought-but new car dealers have been way more
expensive than taking it to a smaller, licensed, independent shop, so I've
never really known the please of dealer support! (Except for Dave!)

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!