Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story

To: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>,
Subject: Re: Re: Spit carb part & an unrelated story
From: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine)
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 9:58:51 -0700
> I think you may want to check again. . .All Fiat 124 Spiders (Italian for
> convertible)

In Italy, sometimes one hears the word "spider" but usually they'll say
"Cabrio" ("cabrioletta") or-more Italian, and I have been told by haughty
romani-more properly *Italian* "decaportabile" (phonetic spelling-I don't
remember the proper spelling)caporto being a coat or cover, "de" being sort of
"removed" (as in decapitaed). As my Italian friends here (from Roma and Milano)
say, "Conosci Laura? Lei guida quella piccolina cabrioletta anglese." (Better
to be defined by one's car than be other things!)

Laura G.

Vita brevis est: rapide agite, vigore strigate!