Amperage/Gauge list

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Amperage/Gauge list
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:55:39 -0800 (PST)
I don't know if I made it clear, but that list is for
DIRECT CURRENT only and is a very short (6 foot run).

For household (AC) currents, you have current
traveling   at greater distances (you must calculate
the hot and neutral wires as distance e.g. double the
distance to the outlet), and is a 120 volt circuit
compared to a 12 volt circuit.

There are charts on the web for more definative
calculations:
All kinds of wire and electronic equations:
http://www.hut.fi/Misc/Electronics/docs/wiring/wire_resistance.html

DC wiring chart (where I got the DC amps):
http://www.off-road.com/jeep/swb/articles/electrical2.htm

-Terry
'76 spit 1500 (w/TSI Sport starter. Works fantastic!
And it's less expensive than buying a starter every 6
months.)
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/