Re: 79 spit starter meltdown..?

To: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 79 spit starter meltdown..?
From: Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou <dougnad@bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 10:54:48 -0500
If the terminal post insulator melted, but the rest of
the starter did not get really hot, I suspect that
there might be a poor connection from the power supply
cable to the post, or from the post to the
internal wiring.  This could cause the post to
get really hot even if the starter was not being run for
especially long.

Doug Braun
'72 Spit