Re: Tow Dollies

To: Mike Ginter <mikeginter@frii.net>
Subject: Re: Tow Dollies
From: Mark Gardner <mrgrdnr@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 17:07:38 -0800
I just completed a 60 mile move with my spitfire on a full car carrier from
Penske.  I fit with two inches to spare inside each wheel.  Nothing touched
going up or coming down, although it fell off the ramp going up.  It is a
very close fit on the ramps.  One moved while I was backing down to
reposition for the run up.  Ultimately I tied the two together and no
problem.  On their respective web sites, Uhaul doesn't even recognize the
Triumph, but Penske says it is an approved car for carriage.  The carrier
only cost me $88 plus tax one way from Southern California to Southern
Arizona, but hen I also rented a small truck from them and took advantage of
a 12% AAA discount.

Good Luck,

Mark Gardner