RE: High Volume Oil Pump

To: "'Max Brewster'" <brewsjl@hotmail.com>, sos@kymtnnet.org,
Subject: RE: High Volume Oil Pump
From: Craig Smith <CraigS@iewc.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 23:05:46 -0600
High volume is relative.

My rebuilt 71 runs 75 cold and 20 hot.
High volume is relative.
At 7,500 RPM 20 PSI is still a positive.
What do you need ?
A reading of any kind is usually taken from right off the pump below the
dizzy.

20 PSI @ 10,000 RPM or 20 PSI @ 7,500 RPM
Same thing

More PSI doesn't equate to squat

There is a foaming quotient at high RPM, but I don't think ANY Triumph has
to worry about that !