Re: 79 spit driveshaft & spedo cable question...

To: "richard bonilla" <richard@bonilla.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 79 spit driveshaft & spedo cable question...
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:04:16 -0800
Hi Ricardo,

You'll want to use graphite to lubricate the cable.  Works great.  You can
try shooting the graphite down the open end of the cable if you use a type
that allows this sort of application, but more than likely you're going to
need to pull the cable out from the sheathing.  Give it a good, liberal
spray and check for any damage to the cable.  If you see any kinks or frays,
get rid of it and buy a new one.

Pulling the driveshaft is easy -- never head of the donut -- but make
certain that what you're feeling isn't exhaust vibration at the lower RPMs
before you go fooling with the driveshaft.

Best wishes,

Jeff in San Diego

'67 RHD Spitfire Mk3 aka "Mrs. Jones"
'68 LHD Spitfire Mk3 frame-off resto project
Visit The NEW Totally Triumph Garage forums  -- moderated, focused,
friendly!
http://www.ohms.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboard.cgi
...plus a few other surprises!