Re: 79 spit driveshaft & spedo cable question...

To: richard bonilla <richard@bonilla.com>
Subject: Re: 79 spit driveshaft & spedo cable question...
From: flinters <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 11:52:08 -0800 (PST)
For speedo cables I use either graphite or white lithium grease.  Graphite
is messier, but works well.  White lithium is easier to use and stays
where you put it, but it can also attract dirt at the ends if
exposed.  Both are good for what you use them for.  I prefer lithium
grease  myself.

On later model 1500 Spits with overdrive, the driveshaft has one user
servicable joint at one end and a sealed unit in rubber on the other.  I'm
not sure how you change the sealed unit, if you can at all.

* Flinthoof Ponypal                                                 *
* Vegaman Dan                                                       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com            Ponypics!                   *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/spitfire   1968 Triumph Spitfire       *
* http://jarmac.picarefy.com/roomies    Roomies! online comic strip *