Re: RE: gas pricing (down under)

To: Laura.G@141.com (Laura Gharazeddine),
Subject: Re: RE: gas pricing (down under)
From: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus@pcisys.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 01:44:58 -0700
At 07:35 PM 1/3/01 -0700, Laura Gharazeddine wrote:

All this talk of gas prices and break downs, makes me glad I drive a
company car.  It's my daily driver, yet I don't pay for any of it.  No gas,
no maintences, and no payment.  Mind you, I put about 50,000 miles a year
on it, but I haven't paid attention to gas prices since my tranny went out
in August(On the Spit of course...).

Speaking of trannies...

I'm either looking for a used tranny in Denver or Salt Lake City areas, or
encouragement to rebuilt my own.  What do you guys think?

Andy L.

>> I had no idea how "cheap" your gas was!  Here in New Zealand we're
currently
>> paying NZ$1.07 per litre.  Converting to US$ and gallons, this works out to
>> US$2.07 per gallon.  And of course I know they're paying even more than
that
>> in the UK!
>
>But at least they had a little tax revolt a few months back-(gotta start
somewhere!) Thank the gas gods that our government hasn't dared put any
more tax on gas here. (No, in California, they're too busy dealing with
de-regulation of the electric companies! Can't wait to see *that* revolt!)

>> NOW I understand how some of you guys can afford to run those big American
>> cars and SUV's!
>
>Some of us...and there are many of "us" who run these big SUVs (american
cars aren't so big-but the trucks! Huge!) who are swimming in credit debt
and that's how they afford it. I can only afford to run the Spitfire and
that just barely and only because Chevron was kind enough to give me a
credit card with a good line of credit!

>> You know (and so do they...) it doesn't matter how much it costs, we're
>> still going to buy it!
>
>Well, I must know the wrong people because I do know people who still buy
it-but not as much because they can't afford it. They have a gas budget and
that's that! Not all Americans are rich (just as not all Americans are
"ugly".)