Re: "The Triumph Marque" on Speedvision

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "The Triumph Marque" on Speedvision
From: Terry Thompson <epharisto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:27:21 -0800 (PST)
Speedvision is a cable and satellite TV station
(atleast in major markets in the U.S.).

The Triumph Marque is a half hour long episode of a
show called "LEGENDS OF MOTORSPORT".

Speedvision has a web page at www.speedvision.com and
they have a showguide (daily or weekly), and all you
need to do is do a browser "FIND" (under your EDIT
commands in Netscape) to locate a keyword in the
schedule.

They occasionally show another LEGENDS OF MOTORSPORT
episode "SPITFIRES AT LEMANS". I'm not positive but I
believe both episodes (and most of the LOM episodes
that I've seen in the past) were hosted by a Triumph
works driver, and he made commentary about driving the
spitfires during the later mentioned show. I can't
recall his name (I know. I suck.)

Sadly, neither spitfire related episode is showing
again this week, and like TV guide, they don't show
their schedules too far in advance (next week's guide
is blank).

As a side note, Speedvision did show the 2000 SCCA
runoffs from MIDOHIO earlier this week, and one of the
races was a vintage race. I flipped to the channel
just as two spitfires were running up on a couple of
Fiats (x1/9 and a spyder) which were rudely bobbing
around the course in an attempt to keep both
kamm-backed spits from passing (but they eventually
did).  The race appeared to be a cinch for the
spitfires, and so I tuned away to catch whatever show
I was originally watching. When I flipped back, the
Fiats had come in first and second, neither spitfire
was on the field to be seen.

My impression was that the spitfires had retired for
refreshments, as the time appeared to be about
mid-afternoon. What a time to schedule a race. Right
on the brink of tea. The savages.

-Terry

http://photos.yahoo.com/