Re: Winter storage

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Winter storage
From: "Nick Moseley" <nmoseley@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:29:29 -0800
I got one over a year ago, and put it up in November. Its roughly 20 ft X 10
ft.  $299. Cdn at Costco. Most people probably use it for one car, it has
four sides with an "end" open, a metal skeleton covered in tarp-like
material and has three "bays" when viewed sideways. I butted the open end up
to a wall of the house, (closing it off) and now have  two Spits and a
chassis in it, nicely sheltered form the elements. (The noses of the Spits
project out on one side, but are still protected by the sidewall of the
tent.
My opinion: excellent and inexpensive compared to a permanent structure. I
believe also that as a temporary structure, it is not affected by building
codes and zoning etc. Out of respect for my neighbours, mine is mostly
hidden in the back yard, and not apparent from the front.
Nice solution to the winter storage problem
Cheers and best wishes of the season to all listers and the people they care
about!!

Nick Moseley